I can’t believe it’s already April. I’m already dreaming of warm weather and May flowers. Anyone else in the Northeast sick of the cold? March had many chilly days but it also brought a lot of new things that made the temps more bearable (I guess).
Here are five of my favorite things from this month:
1. Fezziwig’s Food and Fountain: This place was featured in my Girl’s Trip post from March, and there’s no surprise it made my monthly favorites. This cute restaurant has walls of tea cups, seasonal decor, and a menu full of items ranging from tea to scones to poutine. It’s a must-visit.
2. The Body Shop Mandarin Energizing Face Mist: When I discovered this on the shelf at a local TJMaxx, I decided to give it a whirl because of the success of my Body Shop Setting Spray. This did not disappoint! Like the bottle says, it hydrates and energizes your skin with mandarin, vitamin E, and some caffeine to give you a refreshing wake up call.
TJMaxx Stores $4.99, The Body Shop $10.00
3. Ben and Jerry’s Non-Dairy Pints: Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE ice cream. Last summer, I discovered that my body cannot tolerate a lot of dairy. Discovering these non-dairy pints, made with almond milk, has saved my sweet tooth. I’ve tried Chocolate Fudge Brownie, PB&Cookies, and Chocolate Caramel Cluster and they’re all delicious. 10/10 recommend.
4. Hulu’s The Act: For a while, I’ve been trying to find a series to replace The People vs O.J. Simpson, which was the first season of American Crime Story that my sister and I Netflix binged a couple years back. True story dramatizations are either hit or miss, in my opinion. So when I stumbled across the trailer for The Act, starring Joey King, I was very curious. My sister and I have not been disappointing. Every episode is creepy and the storyline follows the case of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and her mother, Dee Dee Blanchard’s murder. Here is the trailer for anyone interested. I definitely recommend.
5. DailyBible.app: This app popped up in my Pinterest recommended feed. For a little spiritual motivation, you can schedule a time in the day to be sent daily bible quotes. When you open the app, it asks you what time of the day you need a little motivation. Just select a time, and expect to receive 3 quotes from the Bible at this time every day. I scheduled mine for 10 AM everyday and it’s been a great pick-me-up during my mornings.
Let’s hope this month brings warmer weather and new favorites to share come May.